Read about cookies we use.
You are here:
Planning and building
Planning application decision notice summary
Planning application decision notice summary
Planning application number:
LAND TO THE NORTH WEST OF CALTHWAITE SCEUGHDYKES CALTHWAITE PENRITH CA11 9QX
Outline application for an agricultural workers dwelling, with all matters reserved.
29 January 2021
Temporary expiry date:
Conditions / reason for refusal:
Time limit for commencement 1. The development permitted shall be begun either before the expiration of three years from the date of this permission or before the expiration of two years from the date of approval of the last of the reserved matters to be approved, whichever is the later. Reason: In order to comply with the provisions of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990
2. Application for approval of all reserved matters shall be made to the Local Planning Authority before the expiration of three years from the date of this permission. Reason: In order to comply with the provisions of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
3. Approval of the details of the scale, layout, and external appearance of the building (s), means of access thereto and the landscaping of the site (called “the reserved matters”) shall be obtained from Local Planning Authority in writing before any development is commenced. Reason: The application is in outline form only and is not accompanied by full detailed plans.
Approved Plans 4. The development hereby granted shall be carried out in accordance with the drawings hereby approved: i) Location plan drawing no. D015A Plan 1 received 30 November 2020 ii) Site block plan drawing no. D015A Plan 1 received 30 November 2020 Reason: To ensure a satisfactory development and to avoid any ambiguity as to what constitutes the permission. Before the development is commenced
5. Prior to the commencement of any development, a surface water drainage scheme, based on the hierarchy of drainage options in the National Planning Practice Guidance with evidence of an assessment of the site conditions (inclusive of how the scheme shall be managed after completion) shall be submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. The surface water drainage scheme must be in accordance with the Non-Statutory Technical Standards for Sustainable Drainage Systems (March 2015) or any subsequent replacement national standards and no surface water shall discharge to the public sewerage system either directly or indirectly. The development shall be completed, maintained and managed in accordance with the approved details. Reason: To promote sustainable development, secure proper drainage and to manage the risk of flooding and pollution. This condition is imposed in light of policies within the NPPF and NPPG.
Pre-occupancy or other stage conditions 6. Construction works shall be carried out only between 0800 – 1800 hours Mondays – Fridays; 0900 – 1300 hours on Saturdays and there shall be no activity on Sundays and Bank Holidays. Reason: To safeguard the amenity of residents living nearby.
7. Foul and surface water drainage shall be separate systems. Reason: To secure proper drainage and to manage the risk of flooding and pollution.
8. The dwelling hereby approved shall be limited to a size of 150 sqm internal floor space (gross). Reason: To ensure that the dwelling hereby approved is of a size which ensures that the value of the property remains generally attainable for rural workers in perpetuity.
Ongoing conditions 9. The occupation of the dwelling hereby approved shall be limited to a person solely or mainly employed or last employed in the locality in agriculture as defined in Section 336(1) of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990, or any subsequent equivalent statutory provision, or in forestry, or a dependant of such a person residing with him or her, or a widow or widower of such a person. Reason: The site is in an area where the policy of the local planning authority is not to permit residential development and the condition is design to ensure that the proposed dwelling is available to meet the agricultural or forestry need for which the exception was made.
10. Notwithstanding the provisions of the Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) Order 1995, Schedule 2, Part 1 (or any Order revoking and/or re-enacting that Order), no development which increases the floor area of the dwelling hereby approved shall be carried out without the prior permission of the Local Planning Authority, obtained through the submission of a planning application. Reason: To ensure the floor area of the dwelling is limited to 150 sqm in accordance with Policy HS3 of the Eden Local Plan and the Eden Housing Supplementary Planning Document 2020.
11. Notwithstanding the provisions of the Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) Order 1995, Schedule 1, Part 1 (or any Order revoking and/or re-enacting that Order), no buildings or structures, other than those permitted under this permission, shall be erected within the garden hereby permitted. Reason: To ensure the development accords with the Eden Housing Supplementary Planning Document 2020
View on map
View plans and documents
View officer report PDF
View full details
Eden District Council
Monday to Thursday:
8.45am to 5.15pm
Friday: 8.45am to 4.45pm
Eden Council Facebook
Copyright © 2005 -